• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Woodland Bird Species on SE NSW Property (1 Viewer)

Gavin Small

Hello all,

I have a rural property near Gundagai in SE NSW. I have only spent about 11 days there in total (all in the 2007 winter) but have recorded more than 40 woodland bird species so far (many amphibians and mammals also), including a couple of threatened species that are very well represented. (Note that when I am there I am working, not birding, so the species indicated just fly nearby to wherever I happen to be. That is, I am not looking for them, they are just there.) I have been able to locate every species listed (except the Boobook) on any day that I wish as the property is quite 'wild' and provides excellent habitat. My list is attached. (I know that there are more species there but I haven't been able to ID them yet. Others will move in with the warmer weather also. The reptiles will come out soon also.)

I have just purchased a Nikon ED 82A scope, 30X WA eyepiece and have a Nikon camera/adapter order approaching completion. My next trip home is in November and I shall try to post some photos after that. Any photo requests from the attached list? (I also have two motion activated wildlife cameras which I shall position at sites of interest. Should get some nice shots of Possums (Ringtail and Brushtail), Wombats and maybe a Glider or two.) I might post some of those also.

If you haven't seen one/some of the listed species and will be in the area, contact me and I might approve a visit. I am a dark shade of Green so there will be restrictions but sensible people need not worry about them interferring with their bird watching.

Thanks for reading, more to follow late November.

Gavin

Attachments

• Bird List as of 12 Aug 07.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 108
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back