• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Troublesome Birds - Australia SORTED (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Lamington

Black and and White Fantail - Pied Fantail? but Austrailia not mentioned in distrubution

Thanks

D

Last edited:
Hi Delia,

I'm guessing Crested should be Pacific Baza (Aviceda subcristata) which is also called Crested Hawk or Falcon by some people.

The Cicadabird is Coracina tenuirostris, I'm unsure of the descriptive used in the World checklists.

Russet-tailed Thrush ( Zoothera heini) Bassian Thrush (Zoothera lunalata)

Forgot to add, I'm wondering if the black and white flycatcher is Willie Wagtail (Rhipidura leucophrys)

Cheers
Gavin

Last edited:
Thanks Gavin... that just leaves the Fantail I'm not sure about

D

Delia,

I said Black and White Flycatcher instead of Fantail in my previous post. I still think this is Willie Wagtail which is a fantail species and the only black and white fantail we have.

Cheers
Gavin

Delia,

I said Black and White Flycatcher instead of Fantail in my previous post. I still think this is Willie Wagtail which is a fantail species and the only black and white fantail we have.

Cheers
Gavin

LOL Gavin

I think you added that after I looked at it :-O sorry didn't see it before typing my reply

D

Black&White fantail is indeed mentioned as an alternative name for Willie Wagtail in my Pizzey & Knight

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back