• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nesting Bitterns in Cambridgeshire (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
hi there

I hope I have added thread in right area here. I am so pleased to hear this piece of news regarding Bitterns.

On the local news on Look East tonight BBC 1 at 6.30 - 7.00pm it was discussed that Bitterns are on the up.

It looks althought 4 nesting pairs of Bitterns, are nesting in 20 acres of Reed Beds in Cambridgeshire at the present.

The rising seas have caused summer floods and problems in the past, but now appears to be in the favour of the Bitterns at the present.

The RSPB Officer in Cambridgeshire is very happy, at the result, and for protecting the species from Foxes which are a problem to Bitterns.

If anyone has more information here all the better. I am going by word of mouth here from what I heard on the news

Regards
Kathy
xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back