• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wind River 10x40 I.F. Roof Prism Binoculars (1 Viewer)

jjg213

I have a pair of these in my collection, but am unable to locate any information on them. It would be much appreciated if the knowledgeable members of BF could advise the year(s) of production, phase coating (?), angle of view, if waterproof, original cost, and any other information.
Thank You, John

10x40 Leupold Bino????? Please Help

I see you have the same bino's I am trying to identify. Were you able to find any info out on these?
Appreciate any info you might have on these.
thank you,
Darlene

My uncle has one of these binoculars.

They are the early WindRiver models. They are not phase corrected. I believe the FoV is something like 270 ft @ 1000 yds though, I would have to ask him to verify that. Leupold also offered a center focus model as well as an 8x32. They still pop up now and again on ebay.

They aren't bad binoculars, especially for how old they are, but they are pretty much outclassed by just about everything out there now.

I retrieved missing technical information on an older Gold Ring 9x35 IF porro I have by just calling customer service. They took some information, including serial # and a day or so later e-mailed me all the information I needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back