• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sea Visitors - Storm Petrels (1 Viewer)

DoveKeeper

On one of my codfish excursions (Ilike to fish) on a bluebird day I was suprised to see a little bird come flutering in and set on the rail of my tiny boat. I gave him some room and he eventually sat in on the anchor rode that was about four feet from me. I thought that he might be tired or hurt but it looked ok I sat back against the side of the boat and noticed two more were perched on the roof. They stayed for about a half hour before i started to move. I could tell they were trying to set back down but they gave up chase as the boat came up to speed. Later that season on another boat I saw one come in and perch on a rail of another boat next to a fisherman that at first just looked at the bird in amazement then reached out and picked him up. He brought it over to show the mate and opened his hand and the tiny bird flew off.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back