• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

help needed - grenada (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

a freind and i are visiting grenada for 2 or 3 nights maximum to see some of the usual sights there ie al hamra

i have just been told there are 2 national parks in the vicinity one is known as danona and the second one i forgot about. i have never been here before so i would like to get some advice on making a trip with historical and natural value. my friend is not a bird watcher although he would admire any naturally beautiful area.

if we are to do a 2 or 3 night trip of which we are to land in grenada and see the al hamra straight away we may have 2 or 3 full days left. ideally would love to see the donana wetlands and i guess we could spend a day there unless one can only spend restricted time there? i have heard you have to hire a jeep and how much will that cost and how long will that be for?
will we need to stay in sevilla for that or can we travel from grenada morning time and get to danona for the right time?

we may also travel to cordoba and spend a day there - what historical and natural places do you recommend around there and how long could it take?

is there any other national parks or nature reserve sin the vicinity. would love to have some tip son how to make a 2 or 3 night trip without missing the main points.

thansk in advance

Unless you have booked your tickets for the Alhambra in advance then you are likely to have to queue to get the appropriate times for the main palace, into which entry is strictly controlled. In other words the Alhambra will occupy a full day.In addition there are many other things to see within Granada itself that will also occupy your time. Finally, travelling from Granada to the Coto Donana is a long trip - 4 hrs or more - and would be difficult to justify for a half day visit. Do be aware that the Coto Donana itself is worth at least four days on its own, and possibly more.

I would recommend that you visit Ronda, a pleasant town with a number of interesting bird species of its own, then spend a little time driving and stopping in the Serrianas de Ronda which should give you plenty of birding & sightseeing.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back