- Crithagra citrinelloides
- Black forehead and upper throat
- Olive green plumage
- Grey bill
- Dark eye
Placed in genus Serinus by Clements.
- C. c. citrinelloides:
- C. c. kikuyensis:
- Highlands of south and south-western Kenya
A third subspecies Crithagra citrinelloides martinsi is recognised by some authorities.
Highland forest edges.
Their diet consists of seeds, berries, leaves, buds and insects.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2016. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2016, with updates to August 2016. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved October 2014)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) African Citril. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 17 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/African_Citril