- Anthus gutturalis
Up to three subspecies recognized.
- A. g. wollastoni:
- High alpine grasslands of west-central New Guinea
- A. g. rhododendri:
- Alpine grasslands of east-central New Guinea and Huon Peninsula
- A. g. gutturalis:
- High alpine grasslands of south-eastern New Guinea
High alpine grassland between 3200m and 4500m.
Their diet consists mostly of insects, grass seeds and berries.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2014. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.9., with updates to August 2014. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved October 2014)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Alpine Pipit. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 23 September 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Alpine_Pipit
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.