- Spizelloides arborea
Length: 15-16.5 cm.
- Bill bi-colored
- Crown rufous
- Nape bluish gray
- Back rich rufous, striped with black and light gray
- Wings show two white bars
- Throat and breast light dove-gray, with an indistinct, but sometimes quite distinct, black dot in centre of breast
- Sides washed with light brown or cinnamon
- S. a. arborea:
- S. a. ochracae:
Weedy fields and wastelands
Its main diet consists of seeds. Visits feeders.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2015. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2015, with updates to August 2015. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Birds of Nova Scotia]
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) American Tree Sparrow. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 27 January 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/American_Tree_Sparrow