- Buteo archeri
- Chestnut underparts
- White throat with black streaks
Immature birds have white underparts and a barred tail.
Augur Buzzard has a white breast.
This is a monotypic species.
It's sometimes included as subspecies or even as colour morph in Augur Buzzard.
Mountains and adjacent savanna and grassland.
It builds a large stick nest in a tree or on a crag, and 2 creamy or bluish white eggs are laid and incubated by the female for about 40 days.
The diet includes small ground mammals, snakes, lizards, small ground birds, insects, and road-kill.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2014. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.9., with updates to August 2014. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Thread in the Taxonomy Forum discussing the relationships of Archer's Buzzard and Augur Buzzard
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Archer's Buzzard. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 13 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Archer%27s_Buzzard