- Chrysococcyx osculans
- Brown-grey head, neck and back
- Olive-bronze metallic sheen on back
- Pale rump
- Cream-buff underparts
- Barred outer tail feathers
- Creamy-white face
- White eyebrow widening towards the neck
- Black eye-stripe
Juvenile similar to the adult, but paler.
Endemic to Australia.
Dry open woodlands, eucalypt forests and shrublands and vegetation along creek beds.
Brood parasite, using especially nests of Speckled Warbler.
The diet includes insects.
- Clements, JF. 2009. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2009. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
- Birds in Backyards
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Black-eared Cuckoo. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 17 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Black-eared_Cuckoo