- Eremomela atricollis
10–11·5 cm (4-4½ in)
- Black face mask
- Yellow forehead and supercilium
- Yellow on chin and throat has black borders
Subspecies venustula is not generally recognised.
Brachystegia woodlands and dry savanna.
Their main diet consists of insects, foraged from leaves in the canopy. They are often seen feeding with other species, particularly Green-capped Eremomela.
The cup-shaped nest is constructed from fibres and cobwebs.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2016. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2016, with updates to August 2016. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved April 2017)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Black-necked Eremomela. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 17 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Black-necked_Eremomela