- Monticola cinclorhyncha
- Bright blue and black upperparts
- White wing bar
- Rufous underparts
- Dark olive upperparts
- Heavily scaled underparts
Broadleaved open and sub-tropical forest; open rocky and grassy hillsides.
Winters in moist forest and well wooded areas.
Their varied diet consists of small lizards, frogs, insects, snails, worms, berries and seeds.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2015. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2015, with updates to August 2015. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved January 2016)
- BF Member observations
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Blue-capped Rock Thrush. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 27 January 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Blue-capped_Rock_Thrush