- Chlorophonia cyanea
11 cm (4¬ľ in)
- Glistening yellowish-green head, throat and chest
- Blue nape, back and upper tail
- Yellow underparts
South America: found in Colombia, Venezuela Guyana, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina.
There are 7 subspecies:
- Santa Marta Mountains (north-eastern Colombia)
- Western slope of Western Andes of Colombia (Caldas and Valle)
- Mountains of northern Venezuela (Falc¬Ęn and Lara to Miranda)
- Coastal mountains of north-eastern Venezuela
- Southern Venezuela to Guyana and extreme north-western Brazil
- Paraguay to south-eastern Brazil (southern Bahia) and north-eastern Argentina (Misiones)
Atlantic forest and forest edges and gardens.
Their diet consists almost entirely of fruit and berries, with the addition of a few insects.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2018. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2018. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
 External Links