- Tragopan blythii
- Rusty red head
- Bare yellow facial skin
- Yellow wattle
- Small white dots on back
- Black band from the base of bill to crown
- Black band behind eyes
- Two pale blue horns (erected during mating)
- Dark brown plumage
- Black, buff and white mottling
- T. b. blythii:
- T. b. molesworthi known only from 3 east Bhutan specimens
Undergrowth of evergreen oak and rhododendron forests.
The diet includes seeds, berries, fruits, and buds.
They nest in trees and bushes. The 2-5 eggs are incubated for 28 days.
- Clements, JF. 2009. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2009. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2022) Blyth's Tragopan. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 5 July 2022 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Blyth%27s_Tragopan