- Dubusia taeniata
20 cm (7Â¾ in)
- White-flecked crown to nape
- Black face, throat and hind neck
- White upper breast
- Yellow belly
Amount of black on throat differs among subspecies1.
South America: found in Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru.
Three subspecies are accepted:
- Santa Marta Mountains (north-eastern Colombia)
- Andes of south-eastern Peru (JunÃn to Cuzco)
Montane forests and dense understorey of broken forests.
Their diet consists of small fruits and berries, including mistletoe; and insects.
- Restall et al. 2006. Birds of Northern South America. Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300124156
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2017. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2017, with updates to August 2017. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved June 2018)
 External Links