- Lophura bulweri
- Glossy blue-black body
- Bluish spots on tips of upperpart feathers
- Brilliant blue facial skin and wattles
- Purple sheen to the throat and upper breast
- White tail
- Crimson-red legs
Female - smaller
- Dark mottled rufous-brown
- Fine black vermiculations
- Dull bluish facial skin
- Red legs
The diet includes fruit, bulbs, tubers, ants, termites, small crickets, worms, crayfish, and a variety of seeds.
The 2-5 eggs are incubated for 24 to 25 days.
- Clements, JF. 2009. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2009. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2022) Bulwer's Pheasant. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 3 July 2022 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Bulwer%27s_Pheasant