- Saucerottia castaneiventris
- Shiny reddish-bronze upperparts
- Rufous underparts and tail
- Greyish-buff rump
- Glittering green throat and chest
- Straight black bill
- Pink lower mandible
South America: found on the western slope of Eastern Andes of north-central Colombia.
This is a monotypic species.
High-altitude shrubland, moist montane forests, semi-arid ravines vegetated with shrubs and low trees, 850-2,200 m.
The diet includes nectar.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, T. A. Fredericks, J. A. Gerbracht, D. Lepage, S. M. Billerman, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2022. The eBird/Clements checklist of Birds of the World: v2022. Downloaded from https://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BirdLife International
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Chestnut-bellied Hummingbird. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 31 May 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Chestnut-bellied_Hummingbird
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.