- Eriocnemis vestitus
9–10 cm (3½-4 in)
Straight blackish bill
- Shining dark green upperparts
- Golden green rump and upper tail coverts
Four subspecies are recognized:
- E. v. paramillo:
- Northern end of Western and Central Andes of Colombia
- E. v. vestita:
- E. v. smaragdinipectus:
- E. v. arcosae:
Gardens and open areas.
Their diet consists mostly of nectar. They are very defensive of "their" flowers.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2014. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.9., with updates to August 2014. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved June 2014)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Glowing Puffleg. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 28 September 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Glowing_Puffleg