Photo © by PauTang
Mount Ngoc Linh, Kontum province, Vietnam
, March 2013
- Trochalopteron ngoclinhense
27 cm. A medium-sized, dark-grey laughingthrush.
- Dark grey underparts, hindcollar and mantle
- Breast faintly scaled
- Chestnut crown
- Dark face
- Broad golden wing fringing
Western highlands of Vietnam (Mount Ngoc Linh)
This is a monotypic species.
This taxon is considered a subspecies of Chestnut-crowned Laughingthrush by some authors.
Also placed in the genus Garrulax.
Understorey and bamboo in primary upper montane broadleaf evergreen forest. Found at 2000m to 2200m.
Feeds probably on invertebrates.
So far only seen singly or in pairs, sometimes associating with Red-tailed Laughingthrush.
No information about breeding.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2018. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2018. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Del Hoyo, J, A Elliott, and D Christie, eds. 2007. Handbook of the Birds of the World. Volume 12: Picathartes to Tits and Chickadees. Barcelona: Lynx Edicions. ISBN 978-8496553422
 External Links