- Coccyzus lansbergi
Rufous colors (darker on upperside) and uniform grey cap that reaches below the eye.
Information in this section is uncertain, because the range is poorly known.
Forest borders, other dense vegetation. Often found near streams or marshes
Usually not conspicuous, but often found low above ground.
Their main diet is insects, which includes caterpillars and wasps.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, B.L. Sullivan, C. L. Wood, and D. Roberson. 2013. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.8., with updates to August 2013. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Restall et al. 2006. Birds of Northern South America. Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300124156
- Ridgely & Gwynne 1989. Birds of Panama. Princeton Paperbacks. ISBN 0691025126
- Neotropical birds online
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved June 2014)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Gray-capped Cuckoo. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 14 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Gray-capped_Cuckoo