- Calidris tenuirostris
24-27cm (9Â½-10Â½ in)
- Brown upperparts
- Whitish belly
- Breast heavily streaked with black
- Orange spots on scapulars
Breeds north-eastern Siberia
Winters to India, South-East Asia, Philippines and Australia
This is a monotypic species.
Sheltered coastal mudflats of estuaries, inlets, harbours, lagoons, mangrove swamps. Also on sandy bars & beaches near mudflats and fresh water marsh, and salt pans.
Adult moulting to non-breeding plumage
Photo © by SeeToh
Seletar Dam, Singapore
, Augus 2016
During the breeding season their diet consists mosty of berries and other plant material.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2018. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2018. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Collins Field Guide 5th Edition
- Collins Bird Guide ISBN 0 00 219728 6
 External Links