- Eremomela canescens
- Olive-green upperparts
- Grey head
- Yellowish-green rump and uppertail coverts
There are 4 subspecies:
- E. c. canescens:
- E. c. elegans:
- Sudan (Darfur and Kordofan to Sennar)
- E. c. abyssinica:
- E. c. elgonensis:
- Western Kenya (Mount Elgon to southern Nandi Hills)
Acacia woodland, open wooded savanna.
Their diet consists of insects and caterpillars.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2017. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2017, with updates to August 2017. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved November 2014)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Green-backed Eremomela. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 22 October 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Green-backed_Eremomela