Alternative name: Greencap Eremomela
- Eremomela scotops
- Greenish cap and face (merges into grey back)
- Bright yellow throat and breast
- Brownish-grey Remiges
Green-backed Eremomela, but their ranges barely overlap.
Western Africa: Gabon, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Angola
Eastern Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Zambia, Mozambique, Malawi
Southern Africa: Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, KwaZulu-Natal
There are 5 subspecies:
- E. s. pulchra (extrema):
- E. s. congensis (angolensis):
- E. s. citriniceps:
- E. s. kikuyuensis:
- Highlands of central Kenya
- E. s. scotops:
Broadleafed woodland, especially miombo, but also in mopane and riverine forests.
Their diet consists of small insects, generally gleaned at the tops of tall trees.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2014. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.9., with updates to August 2014. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BF Member observations
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved December 2014)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Green-capped Eremomela. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 20 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Green-capped_Eremomela