- Oriolus flavocinctus
Adult has reddish bill, no eye-brow and is less striped; immatures have dark bill, pale eye-brow, and stronger stripes on especially underside.
There are 4 subspecies:
- O. f. flavocinctus:
- O. f. tiwi:
- Melville and Bathurst Islands (Northern Territory)
- O. f. flavotinctus:
- Northern Queensland (Cape York Peninsula and southern Torres Straits islands)
- O. f. kingi:
- North-eastern Queensland (Atherton Tablelands south to about Townsville)
Two additional subspecies (migrator and muelleri) are not generally recognised.
Woodlands, river jungle and suburbs
Their main diet consists of fruit, supplemented with nectar, seeds and insects. Occasionally reports of nestlings being taken.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2014. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.9., with updates to August 2014. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Pizzey, G. & Knight, F. 1997. Birds of Australia (Collins Field Guide). HarperCollins Publishers, London. ISBN 0-00-220132-1
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved October 2014)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Green Oriole. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 19 September 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Green_Oriole