- Ploceus heuglini
13 cm (5 in)
- Golden-yellow forehead and crown
- Greenish-yellow nape
- Olive-green mantle and back
A band accross the Sahel from Senegambia to southern Chad and northern Central African Republic; south-western South Sudan (and possibly south-eastern Central African Republic), north-eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda and western Kenya
Dry savanna woodland, coastal thickets, scrubland and around farms and villages.
It is thought their diet consists mostly of arthropods, such as spiders, caterpillars, beetles and dragonflies.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2018. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2018. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved Sept 2018)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Heuglin's Masked Weaver. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 19 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Heuglin%27s_Masked_Weaver