- Buteo refectus
45–53 cm (17¾-21 in)
- Brown overall plumage
- Greyish-brown tail
- Whitish streak over the eye
- Blackish bill
- Yellow cere, and base of both mandibles
- Whitish underparts
- Yellowish legs
Open fields and wetlands. Partially forested mountain sides, and cultivated slopes.
There is little known, but they are believed to eat rodents, small birds, reptiles and invertebrates. They hunt from a perch and also by hovering.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, S. M. Billerman, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2019. The eBird/Clements Checklist of Birds of the World: v2019. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- del Hoyo, J., Collar, N. & Marks, J.S. (2019). Himalayan Buzzard (Buteo refectus). In: del Hoyo, J., Elliott, A., Sargatal, J., Christie, D.A. & de Juana, E. (eds.). Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive. Lynx Edicions, Barcelona. (retrieved from https://www.hbw.com/node/467357 on 11 May 2019).
- Birdforum thread: https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=132483
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Himalayan Buzzard. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 17 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Himalayan_Buzzard