- Cursorius coromandelicus
23–26 cm (9-10 in)
- Sandy greyish-brown upperparts
- Rufous crown
- Black and white stripes from bill to neck
Dry stony plains, ploughed fields, waste land with scattered shrubs.
Their diet consiststs of a variety of insects and their larvae, such as grasshoppers, crickets and ants etc.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2016. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2016, with updates to August 2016. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved June 2015)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Indian Courser. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 27 January 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Indian_Courser