- Clanga hastata
50–60 cm (19¾-23½ in)
- Overall brown plumage
- Whitish streaks on breast
- Gape extends to centre of eye
Lowland forests and forest edges.
Their diet consists of mammals, reptiles, birds and amphibians.
The stick nest is placed in a tree fork. It is lined with green leaves.
Recording by Alok Tewari
Keoladeo National Park, Bharatpur, Rajasthan, India, February-2016
Two individuals were sitting in an Acacia tree, when a Greater Spotted Eagle too flew in. This made one of the Indian Spotted restless and it started calling.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2018. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2018. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved March 2016)
- The Eagle Directory
- ID-Forum members discussion : https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=374248
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Indian Spotted Eagle. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 22 June 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Indian_Spotted_Eagle