- Anthus hodgsoni
- Upperparts greenish brown streaked with darker brown
- Bold white supercilium
- White double wingbar and outer rectrices
- Underparts white to buff streaked with dark brown on breast and flanks
There are 2 subspecies:
- A. h. yunnanensis:
- A. h. hodgsoni (berezowskii):
A third subspecies, berezowskii is not recognised by all authorities
Open woodland and orchards, gardens, grasslands, wetlands and town parks.
Diet includes insects, grass and weed seeds.
It builds a cupshaped nest of moss and grass placed on the ground under a tuft of grass or boulder. The 3-5 eggs are dark brown, spotted darker. Usually two broods are raised.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, B.L. Sullivan, C. L. Wood, and D. Roberson. 2013. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.8., with updates to August 2013. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BF Member observations
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Olive-backed Pipit. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 27 January 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Olive-backed_Pipit