- Lonchura oryzivora
- Grey upperparts and breast
- Pink belly
- White-cheeked black head
- Red eye-ring
- Pink feet
- Thick red bill
- Brown upperparts
- Lighter brown underparts and cheeks
- Remainder of the head is dark grey (as opposed to black)
- Grey bill with a pink base
Indonesia: found in Java, Bali, Lombok, Sumbawa, Kangean Islands; introduced to Christmas Island, Puerto Rico, and Hawaii.
This is a monotypic species. which belongs to the Estrildidae. Its closest relative seems to be the Timor Sparrow. Some authorities1, 2 place this bird in genus Padda.
Open grassland low bushes and scrub. Often seen near towns.
Diet includes grain and other seeds.
The nest is built in a tree or building. The clutch consists of up to 8 eggs.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2015. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2015, with updates to August 2015. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- The species account from Birdlife International with detailed information about status in the original distribution area
 External Links