- Chlorocichla laetissima
Photo © by martinuk
Near Fort Portal, Kabarole District, Uganda
, July 2013
20â€“21 cm (7Â¾-8Â¼ in)
- Yellowish-green upperparts
- Bright yellow throat and upper breast
- Yellowish underparts
- Greenish tinged flanks
Western Africa: eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, Sudan, South Sudan, western Kenya and (rarely) in Tanzania.
There are 2 subspecies:
Various forest types, mid-level to montane primary and secondary forests, gallery forest and forest edges.
Their diet consists mostly of berries and seeds, though nestlings are additionally fed with insects, including moths.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2018. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2018. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BF Member observations
- Birds of East Africa: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi; Terry Stevenson, John Fanshawe
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved November 2018)
 External Links