|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
May Day Farm is an historic, old farmstead with some of it's buildings still visible. It sits near a public road in the midst of what appears to be an organized timbering effort in the Suffolk area. [Map 1][Map 2]
There are other potential spots for birding activity in the nearby area. [Map 2]
While no sightings here have been recorded specifically as rare, some of those that have been seen, although not as commonly as others include, in part, the Stock Dove, Common Cuckoo, Eurasian Moorhen, Eurasian Kestrel, Long-tailed Tit, Goldcrest, Redwing, Dunnock, and Red Crossbill.
Birds you can see here include:
European Starling, Black-headed Gull, European Goldfinch, Eurasian Linnet, Herring Gull, Coal Tit, Common Chiffchaff, Wood Lark, Eurasian Blackbird, Common Chaffinch, Eurasian Siskin, Willow Warbler, Garden Warbler, Song Thrush, European Stonechat, Common Shelduck
History and Use
May Day Farm is an old farm with buildings of 19th-century design. 
Areas of Interest
Nearby Areas of Interest
Thetford Red and Black Circular Walk
The Thetford Red and Black Circular Walk is an approximately 17.9 mile/ 28.8 km long, moderately rated, looped walking trail starting at May Day farm that travels through a forested setting.
Brandon Country Park
This park offers nature trails in open, grassy areas, forests, a lake, and a walled garden just north of May Day Farm. 
Goshawk Trail Nature Preserve
A natural area just over a half mile/ 0.8 km South-Southeast of May Day Farm. [Map 2]
Access and Facilities
May Day Farm can be found on Landranger Map No 144 at Grid Reference TL795 835. 
As always, consult a trusted travel professional for specific, up-to-date information regarding a trip to this area.
- eBird - https://ebird.org/hotspot/L933609
- Suffolk Heritage Explorer - https://heritage.suffolk.gov.uk/Monument/MSF41045
- Personal observations of Bird Forum members
- AllTrails.com - https://www.alltrails.com/trail/england/suffolk/thetford-red-and-black-circular-walk?u=i
- Brandon Country Park - https://www.whatsonwestsuffolk.co.uk/parks/brandon-country-park/index.cfm
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) May Day Farm. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 8 May 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/May_Day_Farm