Alternative names: Minahassa Barn Owl; Minahassa Owl
- Tyto inexspectata
27–31 cm (10½-12¼ in)
- Black back with reddish admixture
- Black and rufous barring on wings
- Light rusty tinge to facial disc
Primary and disturbed riverine, hill and montane forests.
There is no information available about their diet.
A nest hole in a tree found in 1939 was thought likely to belong to this species.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2018. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2018. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved December 2018)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Minahassa Masked Owl. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 15 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Minahassa_Masked_Owl