- Surniculus musschenbroeki
- Glossy black plumage, velvet-purple on head
- Tail square
- White thighs and white nuchal patch, difficult to see in the field.
From Drongos by thinner slightly down curved beak and white barrings on vent and under tail coverts.
Forest and forest edges.
Keeps to the canopy and the crown of tall trees. Does not chase insects from a open perch in the manner of drongos.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, B.L. Sullivan, C. L. Wood, and D. Roberson. 2013. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.8., with updates to August 2013. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Moluccan Drongo-Cuckoo. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 13 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Moluccan_Drongo-Cuckoo