- Buteo oreophilus
41–48 cm (16-19 in)
- Dark brown upperparts
- Whitish underparts with brownish blotches
- Brown and rufous barring on thighs
Montane forests and grasslands.
Their diet is not well recorded but they are reported to eat bats and other small mammals, birds, reptiles and insects.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2017. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2017, with updates to August 2017. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved Apr 2018)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Mountain Buzzard. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 16 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Mountain_Buzzard