Pale Rock Martin
- Ptyonoprogne obsoleta
Photo © by ghaffar
Kookherd, Hormozgan, Iran
, April 2015
12Â·5â€“14 cm (5-5Â½ in)
- Light brownish-grey upperparts
- Creamy-white throat
Africa, Middle East, Asia
Northern Africa: found in Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Egypt
Western Africa: Mauritania, Niger, Chad
Eastern Africa: Sudan, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia
Middle East: Turkey, Israel, Arabian Peninsula, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Iraq, Iran
Asia: Afghanistan, Pakistan
Previously in genus Hirundo.
Sometimes included in Rock Martin.
There are 8 subspecies:
- South Algeria, south-western Libya and northern Chad
- South-central Sahara (AÃ¯r Massif of northern Niger)
Common breeding resident of mountains, foothills and high-rise buildings near Gulf coast.
Their diet consists almost entirely of flying insects, such as beetles, bees, wasps, ants, bugs and flies.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2018. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2018. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved Aug 2018)
 External Links