|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
Alternative name: Siffling Cisticola
- Cisticola brachypterus
There are 9 subspecies:
- C. b. brachypterus: Senegal south to Liberia, east to to Central African Republic, western South Sudan, and northern Democratic Republic of the Congo, south to northern coastal Angola
- C. b. zedlitzi: Eritrea and Ethiopian plateau
- C. b. reichenowi: Extreme southern Somalia to coastal Kenya and Tanzania
- C. b. loanda: South-eastern Zaire to western Zambia and interior Angola
- C. b. hypoxanthus: northeastern Democratic Republic of the Congo, southern South Sudan, and northern Uganda
- C. b. ankole: Southern Uganda to Rwanda, Burundi, adjacent eastern Zaire and north-western Tanzania
- C. b. katonae: Interior of Kenya and n Tanzania
- C. b. kericho: South-western Kenya (Kericho)
- C. b. isabellinus: Central Tanzania to Mozambique, Zimbabwe and eastern Zambia
Forests, and dry savanna.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2017. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2017, with updates to August 2017. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Short-winged Cisticola. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 12 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Short-winged_Cisticola