- Empidornis semipartitus
18 cm (7 in)
- Pale bluish-grey head and upperparts
- Brownish-orange underparts
- Black-bordered tawny spots on upperparts
- Mottled buff and black on throat and breast
Acacia grassland, semi-arid bushland with large scattered trees.
Their main diet consists mostly of ground insects, such as ants and locusts. They sit on a perch and pounce on them.
They forage singly and in pairs.
They are monogamous and a solitary nester.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2017. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2017, with updates to August 2017. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved Jan 2018)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Silverbird. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 20 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Silverbird