|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
Includes Chapin's Crombec
- Sylvietta leucophrys
Length 9 cm; extremely short tail.
Rufous-brown head, greenish wings; underparts light grey (S. l. leucophrys and S. l. chloronota) to pale yellowish grey (S. l. chapini).
S. l. leucophrys and S. l. chloronota have a broad white eyebrow.
Sylvietta leucophrys has three subspecies:
- S. l. leucophrys
- S. l. chloronota
- S. l. chapini
- Chapin's Crombec; sometimes split as a separate species
- Lacks the white eyebrow of the other races, and is yellowish below
- Lendu Plateau (eastern DRC)
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2016. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2016, with updates to August 2016. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) White-browed Crombec. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 28 January 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/White-browed_Crombec