|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Pterodroma cervicalis
- Black cap
- White rear neck
- Dark grey back, wings and tail (darker rump)
- White underparts
- Dark bases to primary feathers
- Upperparts of worn birds become darker
Breeds on the Kermadec Islands (New Zealand); ranges the southern Pacific Ocean.
Pelagic, except when breeding on seasonally wet or flooded lowland grassland.
They eat fish and squid, taken from near the surface.
- Clements, JF. 2009. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2009. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) White-necked Petrel. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 15 June 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/White-necked_Petrel