- Emberiza chrysophrys
- Brown upper parts with heavy streaks
- White underparts, finely streaked and with orangy flanks
- Pink stout beak
- Black head
- White crown, throat and moustachial stripes
- Bright yellow eyebrow stripe
Females and young birds have a weaker, browner, head pattern, some yellow in the eyebrow, white crown stripe
Open taiga, river valley slopes and wetlands.
They nest in trees. The clutch consists of 4 eggs.
Their diet is not well recorded. Thought to consists of seeds and insects and spiders.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2014. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.9., with updates to August 2014. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved March 2015)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Yellow-browed Bunting. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 15 April 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Yellow-browed_Bunting