||This article is incomplete.|
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Todiramphus sordidus
- Dark green crown
- Black eyestripe extending as small line to neck
- Broad white neck collar
- Dark blue-green upperparts, wings and tail
- White underparts
- Black bill with horn-coloured base of lower mandible
Australia and southern New Guinea.
This species belongs to the Collared Kingfisher complex and was formerly considered conspecific with Collared Kingfisher, Torresian Kingfisher, Colonist Kingfisher, Melanesian Kingfisher and Pacific Kingfisher.
Three subspecies recognized:
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2015. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2015, with updates to August 2015. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Gill, F and D Donsker (Eds). 2015. IOC World Bird Names (version 5.4). Available at http://www.worldbirdnames.org/.
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved October 2015)