• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Comments welcomed (1 Viewer)

Richard G

I've only had my DSLR for about 12 months, so am still very much at the learning stage, and I haven't even started on proper post processing yet!!

This is one of my favourite shots I've taken in the last 12 months, taken on Inner Farne in July. The only thing I've done is resized it for posting, no other adjustments have been made.

As always C&C and improvement suggestions welcomed.

Richard

Attachments

• Tern.jpg
    Tern.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 152
I'm not a critiquer, just wanted to let you know that I like the shot. He's looking into the frame not out, good colors and the fish in the mouth all make for a good photo.

In my opinion it's a superb photo. Well framed, and nice and sharp.

looks good to me boy, and I'm on the same learning curve as you,only mine seem to be going a long way round.lol,..
anyway, good shot m8.....

The one thing I'm going to suggest is whenever it's possible you should strive to get down to the same level as the bird, this shot could really have benefitted from being taken at ground level. Other than that it is an excellent photo. :t:

Thanks for the comments, all. It appears I seem to be doing something right with my photography!!

Stupid question time, what would be the best way to darken the shot? At the moment I only have Paint Shop Pro on my PC at home, but will hopefully have a copy of Photoshop Elements fairly soon.

Richard

I am learning PS myself and am no expert. The alterations I made took just a few seconds so someone who knows what they are doing and has a bit of time could do better. All I have done was...

1. remove the leg 'ring' using the clone tool
2. brighten the eye using the 'dodge' tool
3. gave it a bit more contrast.

I am not suggesting it is better than the original.....just showing whht can be done by 'easily/simply' with PS.

Attachments

• Copy of Tern[1].jpg
    Copy of Tern[1].jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 84
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back