• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Illustrations on Tshirts - Tips! (1 Viewer)

OisinShare

Hi Everyone,
My name is Oisín Share, I am 22 years old and based in the UK.
I recently graduated from design school in Ireland and am now having the chance to combine my skills with my interests even more so!
I am from a family with a great interest in bird watching and I have started to make a series of tshirts that I hope would be of interest to those in the community. Also, as it is my mother's birthday soon, I have started with a tshirt of her favourite bird, the Wagtail.
if anyone has any tips as to what they would love to have on a tshirt (specific bird, birds, or scene) i would love to hear from you, I'd love to have really appealing illustrations for all that like birds.

You can see my first one at this link, and below.
All feedback will be greatly appreciated!
http://www.mysoti.com/mysoti/product/442586

Attachments

• wagtail.jpg
    wagtail.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 94
Hi, nice idea, I bought a T-shirt that was hand painted in india as a souvenir at a lodge I stayed at. You might wantr to look at some more abstract uses of birds as a way of breaking into the more fashionable side of the market. Or as another thought look at some of the established wildlife t-shirt brands out there to see what sells.

I like your T-shirt with the natural depiction of your mother's favorite bird, the Wagtail. Depending on your target market, why not showcase the birds native to that particular locale?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back