• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon DSA-N1 With Nikon EDG FieldScope ? (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
Hi .. I have to replace a cheap, old(Nikon) camera I use only to take pictures of stuff I sell here & on the internet. Since I have never gotten into Digiscoping I am thinking about trying it now with a NIKON DSA-N1 Adapter & upgrading my camera to the Nikon entry level 1 J1 body only. I thought I would just purchase the body for now for use with the Nikon adapter & if this entry level try out for me sparks more interest, I would be willing to spend more money on upgrading to a better camera with a lens. I have the Nikon EDG 65 spotter with the 20,25,& the 30x EDG eyepiece to use. I have two questions:

1. Has anyone used this DSA-N1 on any Nikon EDG Scope ?
2. Depending on which eyepiece I use (16,20,24x power) when used with my scope (alone) with out the Adapter/Camera, would it be to unrealistic to expect the images to be sharp/bright ? given the aperture of the my scope being only 65mm .

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back