• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cyanopica Pica (1 Viewer)

Hello friends.

In the area around Madrid, where I live, you can see sparrows, pigeons, blackbirds, magpies and other common birds. A few years ago blue magpies (cyanopica pica) appeared in large numbers. They are very beautiful and intelligent corvids, their head is black and their wings and tail are blue. They are somewhat smaller in size than a normal magpie. I never get tired of observing them with my binoculars (Pentax 12x50).

Greetings from Madrid
Rafael

Attachments

• CYANOPICA PICA (Birdforum).jpg
    CYANOPICA PICA (Birdforum).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 27
Hi Rafael, nice birds!
I have never seen one.
There are none here in Mallorca but I hope to come to the peninsula later in the year and add it to my list.
Greetings from the sunshine Island,
Mike

Hello friends.

In the area around Madrid, where I live, you can see sparrows, pigeons, blackbirds, magpies and other common birds. A few years ago blue magpies (cyanopica pica) appeared in large numbers. They are very beautiful and intelligent corvids, their head is black and their wings and tail are blue. They are somewhat smaller in size than a normal magpie. I never get tired of observing them with my binoculars (Pentax 12x50).

Greetings from Madrid
Rafael

Cyanopica cooki, C. pica is the East Asian species. The Iberian Magpie is cooki.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back