• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Stonehenge and a brain damaged bird!! (1 Viewer)

StKat1971

Kate steward
Hi,
My name is Kate and my youngest daughter (17yo) and I are owned by 2yo Indian Ringneck called Buddy. About 5 months ago we had a disaster and Buddy unfortunately was hit by a car........head on.......and survived! We nursed him back to what he is now.........lol. He has mood swings, he can vicious beyond belief but then he can hilarious and ask for kisses (because that is THE amount of affection we’re going to get out of him). He’s lost all his vocabulary but is just learning a few words but........he whistles a mean tune. He can do, the Adams family, ŵe wish you a merry Christmas, I’m forever blowing bubbles and we’re deciding what to do next. To listen to him telling the dogs off in his mumbled way is a treat and when he says sit, they do. For all his foibles to hear him half whistle/talk “hey Kate, what ya doing” never gets old.....lol.

If any one is around and can help with his speech, that would be amazing. He’s tending to whistle at me more than speak.

He has free flight of the house all day because I’m home all day but we can’t move his stands or perches around too much as he doesn’t have very much.

I make him sound like such a lost cause but we nick name him “The Blue Bomber” because he does nothing slowly.......lol. X

Attachments

• F52552EF-4568-4D96-BC0A-7136BEC08C55.jpeg
    F52552EF-4568-4D96-BC0A-7136BEC08C55.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 17
Hi Kate and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Please note, though, that this is a site for wild birds not pets and captive ones.

Oh Lordy!!! Does it count that I have that I have 2 Campbell’s running round the back garden..... lol. One who’s a very beautiful dark female called ezmerelda and a hysterical white one called George who’s a bit more like a curveball. Literally! As he grew grew, he grew with a curve in his spine for some reason. If I can catch him keeping still I’ll take some photo’s....lol.

I also live on the edge of Salisbury plains and walk my dogs up there. We’ve rescued a few birds over the 20-something years we’ve lived here. I’ll see if I can get some pics of the BoP. I don’t tend stay to the main areas that people walk. I tend to go right off the beaten track. If I’m still off the mark, I will bow out gracefully. X

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back