• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

garage extension disturbing swallows' nest? (1 Viewer)

bozzey

I'm sorry I'm not a bird expert, but I am desperate for some advice! For years now we have had a pair of swallows nesting in our garage (I heard a radio broadcast that suggested these would be the same birds returning). We have now got planning permission to raise the roof of this building. So, the actual remnants of the nest would be moved, the roof might be off as they return and obviously everything would look different once it is finished. I don't know the exact time of year they come, but the builders are due to start about now. I would be heart broken if this stops them coming back, or worse, I haven't seen them yet but don't know if they use last years nest, which will obviously be moved. Any advice on how to do this in the best way would be much appreciated.

Welcome to Birdforum!

I would imagine the activity of the builders and the work going on could well put the swallows off nesting in your garage again this year. I am not sure there is anything you can do to stop the disruption. If the builders crack on, the job might be finished before the swallows return. Here's hoping, eh?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back