• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Optik’s 2016 Sustainability Report (1 Viewer)

John A Roberts

Australia
Swarovski Optik’s 2016 Sustainability Report, is again available online (I’d previously downloaded a copy but the link had since broken)

The report is 136 pages and 8.5 MB in size, and can be found here: https://www.swarovskioptik.com/is-b...D/SPAG_AboutSwarovskiOptik-ViewSustainability

There is all sorts of interesting information tucked away in the report, and I’ve attached some pages that will be of general interest

John

Attachments

• EL Range physical composition .jpg
    EL Range physical composition .jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Various physical composition .jpg
    Various physical composition .jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Turnover.jpg
    Turnover.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Production.jpg
    Production.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 213
Thank you John,
Are Swarovski crystals included?
Not of much interest to me, although I have a non Swarovski crystal peacock that I got from a charity shop. Looks good.
I have an ancient 10x40 Porro and a 10x25 Swarovski. I much prefer the Docter 10x25.

Binastro, post 2,
Swarovski Crystal and Tyrolit abrasive products is much much larger than the optics division of Swarovski, probably a factor 10x or more larger.
Gijs van Ginkel

Binastro

To pick up on Gijs' point, see the figures on the attached Swarovski Crystal Fact Sheet from 2017!

John

Attachments

• from Swarovski Fact Sheet 2017.jpg
    from Swarovski Fact Sheet 2017.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 67
Swarovski Optik’s 2016 Sustainability Report, is again available online (I’d previously downloaded a copy but the link had since broken)

The report is 136 pages and 8.5 MB in size, and can be found here: https://www.swarovskioptik.com/is-b...D/SPAG_AboutSwarovskiOptik-ViewSustainability

There is all sorts of interesting information tucked away in the report, and I’ve attached some pages that will be of general interest

John

Yes, there is some interesting information tucked away in the report which involves Kahles GmbH.

Down in the bottom right hand corner of the report where it discusses "KEEPING EXPERTISE IN HOUSE" it notes that Swarovski Optik and Kahles GmbH have a global presence of around 820 employees (as of Q4 2015).

https://www.birdforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=687502&d=1550478614

This appears to be evidence that Swarovski is involved with Kahles in optical endeavors, or it was, through 2015 anyway.

Bob

Last edited:
Bob: Kahles is a sister company with Swarovski, Kahles has their HQ in the same building complex
in Tirol. They are closer than ever, as Swarovski is again doing all of their service here in the US.

Kahles had previously tried doing service through some others, but now back in house.

Jerry

That's good news Jerry. I remember a while back when GAMO, the Air Gun company, was running things in the USA for them out of Florida.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back